Sunday, May 23, 2010

Long Time!

It's been sooo long since I posted. We have been so busy over the last couple of month but everything is going great!! Henry is doing amazing. He is receiving Feeding, Physical and Occupational Therapies each once a week and does not seem to be far behind. He rolled over for the first time on Friday. I missed it, I had walked out of the room and when I cam back in he was no longer on his stomach. Can't believe I missed it, but I'm so psyched that he did it!!!! He is 8 months old now and weighs 11lbs. We ran into some feeding growing issues, but things seem to be back on track.

It was hard when he first came home going to constant dr's appointments, sometimes 4 a week..and dragging a toddler along. I thought this winter would be boring but it was not! The only interaction I had with people were at dr's office though, since we were to keep his pretty isolated and away from germs. It was a lonely, tiring winter, but so awesome at the same time. So many times I have said to my husband.."Can you believe we have 2 children??" It's crazy. I still can't fathom how Henry even got here!!

We went to a NICU reunion party yesterday at the hospital, it was so awesome to see some of the nurses and dr's that were by our side through those months. Thanks to FB we have been able to keep in touch with them.

I never knew when we first decided to have kids that we would go through so much. The roller coaster over the last 6 years has been nothing short of insane. Now we have these 2 beautiful children and we pretty much pinch ourselves every day.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw your story on FF and just wanted to say you have two beautiful children! Congrats! :-)

Michele said...

He's quite the cutie pie!

Donna said...

You have two beautiful children!!

Mahnie said...

I finished! I read every word and looked at every picture. I am grateful to have had the privilege of hearing your story. Your family is BEAUTIFUL! :)