Wednesday, January 6, 2010

After 102 days we are Home Sweet Home :)

Day 1: 2lbs 1oz and 14 inches


Day 102: 7lbs 8oz and 20 inches


So much to say. Our stay at the hospital was filled with so many different emotions. On top of finally getting to spend the night with our son, we had to organize nursing home care, set up the oxygen company, he needed to pass his hearing test and eye exam, get circumsized and say goodbye to the people who had taken such amazing care of him and us. Taking down all the stuff we had hung in his crib was really emotional.
Putting him in the car for the first time and leaving the hospital WITH him, was so amazing...we had talked about this day for months. I still can't quite comprehend I gave birth to a baby in September and took him home on New Years Eve. I think that is starting to hit me now that the craziness is over..it's not that easy to deal with, but he is here and that's the most important thing.
We haven't gotten much sleep since he came home but it's been amazing none the less. Bella is awesome with him, very curious, a few pokes here and nothing crazy. She is really interested in his monitor, every time it beeps she's says "what's that?" (and it beeps ALOT!). He sleeps ok through the night, the monitor is the thing that really keeps me awake...it's attached to his foot, measuring his oxygen saturation levels and every time he moves it freaks out beeping because it can't get a read. I will not miss that thing. Hopefully he does not need it very long.
Having him come home on o2 was very intimidating, and overwhelming but we are getting used to it. We had an infant CPR class at our house this past weekend for us and our parents. Hopefully we never need it, but atleast we all know what to do now.

We are so happy he is home!!! Sometimes I pretend that we was born last week and the previous 3 months never happened...sometimes I succeed in convincing myself if only for a moment :)

3 comments:

Donna said...

Congratulations!!! I am so glad you got to bring your little guy home!

Michele said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Amanda said...

Such good news! So happy for you guys.

And, did you say sleeping well through the night? I can't even say that about my 9 month old! Congratulations. ;)