Monday, February 1, 2010

Exciting Stuff!!

HENRY SMILES!!!!

All of a sudden Saturday he just started smiling. He has done "gas" smiles since he was in the hostpital but this was acutally a social smile. Jamie and I were so excited, normally you have to wait 6-8 weeks to see your baby smile.. we have been waiting months. It was so awesome. The above picture was at the pediatricians office, she saw it too, so we're not crazy! lol

Speaking of pediatricians office, I went all by myself today. I actually had anxiety dreams about how I would accomplish this....could I manage both babies? would the new monster double stroller even fit in the elevator at the office?? It did! There was a whole lot of "You can do this" haha and I did. People probably thought I was nuts, because I WAS talking to myself, alot. We made it on time and everything. Henry now weighs 9 lbs 9oz. His growth this time was not as big as in the past couple of weeks, but we kind of expected that since he is spitting up so much because of the acid reflux and his gag reflexes. We are going back to the Gastro Dr tomorrow, maybe she will increase the prevacid dosage or we'll switch formulas. Then in the afternoon we have the Physical Therapy evaluation at Blythdale Childrens Hospital. Luckily my mom is coming tomorrow to watch Bella and Jamie is taking the day off to go to the appointments. (Right now he is test driving a MINIVAN! haha...I'm actually so excited.)

Henry is doing awesome with his oxygen! Saturday night we actually had him off for 8 hours, and then a couple more on Sunday, he tolerated it really well. We are just testing it little by little.

Bella has been amazing through all of this, she is very interested in Henry...in the picture below she is actually standing ON his oxygen tank trying to get a peek at him.

2 comments:

Michele said...

AWESOME!!! he is such a cutie

Donna said...

Cute smile!!! Henry is getting to be such a big boy! I'm glad he's doing well and making progress. And quite an accomplishment - making it out of the house with both little ones in tow!