Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What a Difference 2 Years Makes

Two years ago today Jamie and I heard the worst words ever "I'm sorry, there is no longer a heartbeat.." And that was it, our world came crashing down on us. We had been through so much to get pregnant with that baby boy, that to lose him was pain like I've never known. I was just about 5 months pregnant. His name was Sam.

I don't feel sorry about what happened because without that loss we would not have the 2 precious gifts we have now. But I do often wonder about him, especially since Henry was born...what would he have looked like, who would he have looked like.

I wish someone could have told me 2 years ago that every thing would be ok, but honestly I think I knew that. However, I never would have dreamed that we would now have 2 children. It's absolutely amazing what can happen in such a short period of time with a little hope and faith. ;)

3 comments:

Donna said...

It really is amazing how different things can be 2 years later. I think I feel the same way you do - I often wonder what my little Ellie would be like to day, but without her we wouldn't have Eli in our lives.

Unknown said...

SO happy for you! I love how Henry is looking up at you in this pic :)

Mahnie said...

I'm still reading ... ;)

What a wonderful post!!!