Monday, September 21, 2009

3am...Your Baby is Sick


When he was first born they were actually very happy with how he was doing, but by the middle of the night things had changed. The Dr came in at midnight and said that Henry was not doing as well as he hoped and he felt it was best if he was transported to Columbia Presbyterian where they were more equipped to take care of sick preemies. Mind you I am drugged up and freaking out at this point...why is this happening?? Luckily Jamie had spent the night in my room with me so I wasn't alone.

At about 3am the transport had arrived to take him, they wheeled him into my room in what I call the "space pod" so I could say goodbye. It sucked, I was totally freaked out..i really didn't understand what was going on. Jamie decided to go down to the city with them, which I was so happy about. He sent me texts the entire night, letting me know when they had arrived, when he was settled in and all the things that they were saying.

It was a long night...

1 comment:

Mahnie said...

My God ... I literally cannot imagine going through this! ESPECIALLY after what you already went through with your first son. I'm so glad I know the ending of this story already!!!

I need to cook dinner but can't tear myself away ... ;)