Friday, September 25, 2009

Out Of the Hospital

I got out of the hospital yesterday but the Dr would not allow me to go to the city to see Henry....he made a point of saying this in front of my parents and Jamie so that there was no chance i went. He said because I was recovering from major surgery, being sick from preeclampsia and still have my blood pressure erratic that if i did not take it easy I would be back in the hospital.
So, like a good (exhausted) girl i went home yesterday and went to bed. This morning my dad drove me down to Columbia, Jamie had spent the night so he met me out front.
I don't know what I was expecting but it took everything i had not to burst into tears when i saw him. He is so small and had so many tubes and stuff all over him...it was so hard. They said he is doing really well, and he is only 5 days old so it is going to take time but all i wanted to do was pick him up and hold him...make him healthy.
I still can't fathom all this...even so, i can't even begin to explain how blessed jamie and i both feel. Just a little over a year ago life looked so different...and with in 13 months we go from no children..to two. We have a son and a daughter and it is so absolutely amazing. I just keep picturing them playing together in a couple of months(years..) and i get so excited. It's awesome.

We're taking this all day but day and each day he gets just a teeny step better!!

1 comment:

Mahnie said...

Your positive attitude is so inspiring!!!!!