Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How it Began


For a couple of weeks I was really not feeling well, completely exhausted but I just figured that was natural I was chasing Bella around and I was pregnant but it just getting worse. Friday, September 11th I went shoe shopping...what an adventure, NOTHING fit. I went from 6 1/2 and was now purchasing a size 9 shoe...huh?? And by the next morning that shoe barely fit. I'm sitting getting my hair done watching my feet puff up by the minute. Again, pregnant, swelling is normal, right?? So that night we leave Bella with Jamie's parents pack up and head to LI for a wedding. My shoes, again barely fit. I pretty much sat the whole night. The next morning I woke up and they were HUGE, but I ignore them. On the way home we stop by Jones Beach and take a nice walk. Who knew it was the last peaceful time alone before our world totally went insane.



On the way home I started noticing my hands were getting puffy. I suddenly remembered the high risk Dr telling me that I was at risk for Preeclampsia, I looked it up on the web and started reading the symptoms to Jamie. I kind of felt like I was overreacting..but it seemed possible.

When we got home I could barely walk and my mother in law made me call the dr she said my face looked swollen too. Who wants to call and bother a Dr on a Sunday when most likely it's totally normal?? But I did, thank God.

He also said it was probably nothing but to meet him at the hospital. So we got back car. My blood pressure was a little high and there was protein in my urine, both signs of PreE. He decided he wanted me to stay for the night for observations. He wanted an hourly check of my BP and a 24 urine collection. So i spent the a very uncomfortable night having the stupid BP wake me up every hour on the hour.

About 11am the next morning, one of the other Dr's from my practice said I could go home but to come to the office the next day, Tuesday.

So Tuesday I go in my BP is really high, they make me lay down on my left side for 10 minute take it again and it's all good. So he says come back again tomorrow to see the high risk Dr.

Wednesday I go in they do a full work up, check the baby and tell me I am to go to the hospital for more observations. It was Wednesday and I would be there atleast until Sunday. They still were not convinced it was PreE but all the signs were saying so and they were starting to getting worried.

We went home got my stuff, I called Jamie at work and cried, I was just so frustrated this whole pregnancy all I kept thinking about was how I wanted to be "normal" have a "normal" pregnancy...this was not part of my plan.

No comments: