Thursday, September 17, 2009

Preeclampsia

On Thursday I met with the high risk Dr I had been seeing in the beginning of my pregnancy. The first time we met with her she reviewed my file from this pregnancy and the previous one and determined I had placenta issues. She said that she felt that was the reason why I lost Sam, and there was nothing that could have been done. She said this pregnancy would be watched closely.
So when we met with her on Thursday she did an ultra sound and said immediately that I had severe preeclampsia. The babies stomach was small compared to the rest of his body, which meant he was not getting the nutrients from the placenta that he was supposed to be in order to grow. She said I was not going home until the baby was born and that could be in a day, a week a month. She said I was a ticking time bomb just waiting to go off.... I called Jamie crying once again. Why why why couldnt this just be a normal pregnancy????

No comments: