Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 27

Jamie and I were at the hospital last night until about 9:30 and then back this morning at 8....so tired. My mom took a picture of me and bella today and I actually have dark circles around my eyes. Lovely.

Yesterday Henry had a bit of a rough day, we're not sure if something was wrong with his breathing tube like it kept getting stuck or he was just filled with so much fluids and it was getting clogged but the alarms were going off all day saying he was having trouble breathing. We don't freak out anymore but it's still makes us very anxious. The night nurse said she worked on him alot last night to break up his chest congestion and this morning things seemed better. Today was actually a pretty quiet day while I was there. His breathing was good, his blood tests for gases were coming back good so I was happy.

I just talked to jamie who went back to the hospital after work and he said Henry was exhausted and not responding well to being fed (through a tube). They did a bunch of work on him after I left and he was totally worn out. The nurse called the Dr and she said to stop feeing him for the night with the formula to give him a break...he is continually get nutrients through IV's or PICC lines so he's not starving in any way :)

Hopefully he gets some good rest tonight. Jamie said the nurse tonight sucks...she's not forthcoming with info and she's making him feel like he is in the way....that's pretty annoying, hopefully we don't have her again. He said she is good with Henry and that is all that matters.

3 comments:

Donna said...

I hope Henry is doing better now after some much needed rest. I am thinking of your family and praying for Henry.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and your family. The NICU is exhausting, hugs to you.

Michele said...

Praying for Henry. Our twins are currently in the NICU (born at 27w5d) and it is quite a journey. I'm sorry your nurse isnt the best. That has been one of our toughest spots; thankfully, we often have nurses we like but when we dont... It's so much harder.

Praying for your family...