Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Grow Baby Grow!

Henry is now 3lbs 1.9oz!!

He is a little monster, yesterday he ripped out his breathing tube, giving himself a bloody now :( and today he has been trying to take out his breathing tube! I wish he didn't need any of it, it's probably not the most comfortable thing...but atleast he won't remember any of this.

The Dr told us today that he needs 2 days of the blood culture to be negative for the infection before they will make a decision on the surgery. Tomorrow we are going to sit down and talk with her a little more in depthly to get a better understanding of what has happened and what comes next as well as the future. I was told by the nurses that most likely he will be at CP until his due date, which is another 9 weeks and then transferred back to Westchester...give or take some time..

1 comment:

Scott and Becky said...

I know it can be hard when they won't leave the tubes alone (our daughter was in NICU after birth), but part of me was proud of how hard she was fighting at something she knew wasn't supposed to be there. Even though we don't know each other (I follow via Alison and Jason) I will keep you all in my prayers.