Friday, July 18, 2008

07/18/08 Getting to know our Birthmother

It's HOT!!!!!!!!!!!! just had to get that out :)

I talked to A last night for 2 hours! That is about 1hr 55 minutes longer than I have ever talked to her before, mostly her mom does the talking. It was so great. We talked about so much from the baby, to delivery, her friends, family, the future, how she felt when she found out she was pregnant..on and on it was amazing. Oh listen to this, when she first found out she really wasn't considering an abortion just trying to figure out all her options, so she called a clinic and they told her if she brought her student id they would give her a $50 DISCOUNT! Are you kidding me?? She even said she was shocked and felt like they were promoting teens getting pregnant. Ridiculous.
Anyway, she's a wonderful person. She shared her concerns with me about us not staying in contact (letters & pictures), she said she just has to have faith that we will keep our word. I told her Jamie and I worry to that she will change her mind, but again we just have to have faith.
This is funny...she told me she is worried this baby girl will turn into a cheerleader since we live in the suburbs...haha and Jamie told her how he played golf the other day, and that made her even more worried. I totally had to laugh and tell her not to worry about the cheerleader thing!
What else...ohh, this is sweet...her dad gave her a disney blanket when she was little with baby minnie and baby mickey on it, she said it was her favorite...and she is packing it up to send home with us to give to the baby..i almost cried. She also said she is going to keep a journal of her life so when the baby is older maybe one day she'll want to read it and understand why she chose adoption and all the things about her life since. I think it's awesome. We have no problem with them meeting when she is older, it's completely her choice...honestly, I hope she does want to meet her because to me she seems like such an amazing person.
One of her friends is pregnant and does not have anything for the baby and due any day. Our birthmother says she doesn't agree with her keeping the baby since they have no way to ($$) to raise it but she feels bad her friend has nothing, so she went to the Thrift store and her bought her some baby clothes. Remember our BM is 15, and dealing with her own emotions and yet she is worried about her friend. She says she worries about everything and everyone (hmm, this baby might take after my dad!!)
I love that we chose to do private adoption vs using an agency it's so much more personal. I wish we lived closer so we could have met already but we've talked on the phone and email so much that I feel like I am getting to know her a little. It will be interesting to see in 15 years if our daughter reminds us of her.

Her mother has said this many times but she said it yesterday
"i'm the birthmother, ya'll are her mom and dad." *tear*

1 comment:

RB said...

Your BM seems so mature for 15. I'm am so happy that this is such am amazing experience for you! The dur date is coming up fast. I bet you can't wait :)