Sunday, July 20, 2008

07/20/08 Picture Perfect

So a very funny thing happened while we were out shopping yesterday...we were in a store looking at furniture. I saw the furniture we wanted and I grabbed a catalog, as I am looking at it I glance over and see a stack of them, the picture on the cover gets my attention. At first I think it's a really cute picture, and then the most bizarre surreal feeling comes over me as I start to realize what I am looking at. I'm a bit confused and think I could be making this up, I turn to Jamie with a total look of shock and say "Is this my picture?". I am honestly thinking he is going to tell me I'm nuts, lol, but the look on his face said it all. We were staring at a picture of Jerry and Doreen's daughter Parker that I had taken last summer while camping!

You can not even begin to imagine the shock I am feeling at seeing my picture on the front cover of a catalog. It was insane!! Part of me was mad because no one asked my permission to use it, but the other part was truly soooo excited!!
The funny thing is is that had I not had the miscarriage we would have already bought the furniture and would have NEVER even known this exsited. It is the 2008 Pali baby furniture catalog, I found the 2007 one this morning from the last time we'd been shopping and there was a different baby on the front.
I post my pictures on a website for amateur photographers, people critique your photos and sometimes they do ask to use some, but that is the key you do need persmission to use someones photo, especially if it is of a person.
So not sure where to go from here, fortunately we are working with a lawyer right now so I'll see if she has any advice. I can't imagine anything will really come of it, but you never know. Jerry says if we get a million dollars we're all buying the Kaps house :)
This is the link to my photo
http://www.sxc.hu/browse.phtml?f=view&id=838168

1 comment:

Denise :o) said...

That's a very beautiful picture! You should really start looking in to it professionally more.

Congratulations on being published... even if you almost missed it! ;o)

~Denise (FF)