Wednesday, July 16, 2008

07/16/08 So proud!

haha...i just put together my very first baby stroller, all by myself! I'm sure Jamie is very relieved he won't have to do it!

So a little update: we talked to the birthmother and her mom on Sunday, everything is going along really well. It's funny I have talked to A (birthmother) a couple of times now, but only briefly, she doesn't say too much...well i guess atleast to me, Jamie had her on the phone for 45 minutes! He talked to her about the fact that she has friends that are pregnant, they are keeping them, he was curious what they thought about her placing for adoption. She said they all say to keep the baby, but she tells them there is a nice couple in NY that will provide her with all the things that she can not. I thought that was pretty comforting to hear that she feels that way.
I talked mostly to the mom who told me that they want both of us in the delivery room!! I was shocked. I was not going to bring that up, but she said A is the birthmother and we are her mom and dad, we should be there for her birth. WOW.
Honestly, A and her mom have been sooo wonderful, I really didn't know what to expect going into all of this, but at this point we couldn't be happier. :)

No comments: