Friday, November 6, 2009

49 Days Old: Kangaroo Care

Today I got to do kangaroo care with Henry. It is where you hold the baby skin to skin, there have been studies showing this can have a dramatic positive effect on the health of a baby. And anyone who saw Grey's Anatomy last night and saw Karev (sp?) doing it sawgreatly exaggerated TV version lol but still the point is the benefit for the baby..and mom. I cried. I couldn't help it. I'm so afraid to cry, I'm so tired, feel so beat and yet so happy all at once that I'm not sure what would happen if i started.

2 comments:

Michele said...

We rarely kangaroo these days because the kids are dressed and it is hard to undress them, let them fall asleep, and then wake them up to dress them again. But because of Maya's procedure, she was on a warming bed for a few days and I was able to kangaroo her again. It brought back so many memories and was so sweet...

Carli said...

I can imagine it's tough when you don't have the nurses doing all the work!! :)