Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 51

Henry is doing awesome. His incubator is at room temprature and he is maintaining his own temp..which is another big step. Hopefully soon he can come out of it and into a crib. But there is no rush, and he's pretty comfortable now. He is being fed 39cc's of formula and weighs 1898 grams..4.18lbs.

I came in around noon and held him for about an hour and a half..so cute, eyes wide open. About half way through the little bugger, started holding his breath, his heart rate dropped way down and he turned purple. He was pooping. Or at least thats what the nurse believe happened. She said I handled it really well...it's been about 2 hours and I don't think I've gotten over it lol. SO FREAKIN SCARY. He is NOT allowed to do that when he comes home. Holding breath not allowed.

I just went for a long walk and when I came back I was told they were not admitting visitors to the NICU (visitors??) the nurse came too the door and told me Henry was fine, but there was another baby that suddenly wasn't doing well and no one was allowed in. I feel for that family so much. Babies should be fine, babies should not get sick.

I need him to come home where he belongs. 8 weeks of hospitals is getting old...and years of nurses and doctors is REALLY old. :) But it's fine...he'll be home soon enough. Healthy.

3 comments:

RW said...

So glad he is doing well...xoxoxo!

Tracy said...

Sam held his breath during pooping too! It took the nurses a few times to figure it out. Scared the crap out of me (and him too, I guess)! lol The preemie milestones keep stacking up for you all. :)

Donna said...

I hope Henry continues to get better and better. It has to be amazing to watch him make such huge steps forward before your eyes!